Sunday, November 29, 2009

I am NOT a musical fan.

OK, OK... that's a lie... well, not a complete lie. I am not a musical fan in the sense that when I hear about a musical my little heart starts beating and I go look up the next city I can find the tour. However, to my dismay, I have really started to like a few musicals... and the problem is they suck me in with ONE song... ugh. Those songwriters. 

OK, here are the musicals: 
Next to Normal
Spring Awakening

Yep, that about does it for that list... 

Here's the deal. I really like the MUSIC! And they both have these great rock kinda songs and they're FUN! AND they tell a story! IN THE SONG! Those songwriters... 

I bet you're curious what the songs are, huh? Next to Normal has this great song called "I'm Alive" and I love it because of how multi-faceted it is. It's sung by the dead son in the show (maybe you should go check out a synopsis here). OK. Much better. Sung by the dead son, but I think we can all sort of relate to it. Really, go look up the lyrics. And listen to it. It's a catchy little thing. 

From Spring Awakening comes a song called "The Bitch of Living" and I love it. Love it. Love it. Go look it up. Listen to it and relate. Because I think we all can... 

Anyway, that's the extent of my musical dorkiness. :) Enjoy. 

No comments: